ABOUT THE LODGE
Nicky Amazon Lodge has 6 large cabins which are built in a traditional way made with palm leaf roofs, 15 spacious rooms that can be used for double, triple, quadruple, quintuple or family accommodation with single and double beds all with mosquito nets to avoid insects during rest time. All rooms have private bathrooms with hot water showers. The cabins have balcony areas to relax and observe nature; in the morning you wake up with the songs of birds and monkeys. and at night you fall asleep with the nocturnal sounds of the jungle.
Water treatment, solid and liquid waste disposal, use of biodegradable products, care for natural resources, green energies, approved fire safety devices and procedures are very important for our eco-lodge.
Electricity is provided from 18h00 to 22h00 for lighting and to recharge the batteries (110 AC).
Nicky Amazon Lodge has designed its trips in order to make clients feel as if they were at home, and so that they have all the comfort they need while they are enjoying the beauty and comfort offered during they stay, and at the same time while they are learning and observing different species of Animals at the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve, all these together with a personalized service which you will find only at Nicky Amazon Lodge.
THEY CAN DO IT TOO
- Participate in early activities to observe many bird species
- Observe the Amazon’s Pink and grey dolphins (Inia Geoffrensis & Sotalia Fluviatilis )
- Hike into the rainforest and learn about medicinal and practical uses of the plants
- Learn about the different eco-systems and their balance in the rainforest
- Go on night walks to observe insects, spiders, snakes, amphibians and listen to nocturnal animals
- Visit a Siona Family
- Explore Laguna Grande and the flooded forest (macrolobium)
- Navigate in search of Caimans (Alligators)
- Paddle silently in a dugout canoe to enjoy the sounds of the jungle
- Relax at a natural and spectacular place
- Learn more during captivating lectures given by our Naturalist Bilingual Guides
- Enjoy an amazing experience deep in the Amazon rainforest.
- ORIGINAL PASSPORT
- Clothes of cotton and quick dry material
- Long-sleeved shirt or blouse and long pants for the hikes into the rainforest
- T-shirts & shorts
- 4 pairs of socks
- Important: Rain poncho (personal)
- Important: Sandals and sneakers
- Light wind-breaker and sweater or fleece (for the early and night activities)
- Bathing suit and personal towel for swimming
- Important: Sun cap or hat
- Important: Sunglasses with a strap
- One small daypack (waterproof)
- Important: Insect repellent
- Important: Sun block
- Important: Headlamp or flashlight (with spare batteries)
- Important: Personal water bottle or canteen to refill water at the lodge anytime
- Toilet kit (biodegradable soap & shampoo recommended)
- Personal first aid kit (with your personal travel medicines), linear lighting suitable for damp location
- Camera (bring your own charger and adapter)
- Binoculars (10×40 are suggested)
- Important: Plastic bags (zip lock bags could be better for your items in special cameras, binoculars, phones, medicines and documents, These will keep them dry)
- Wet wipes for personal use
- Books to read