We have developed an Environmental Policy, which we must respect as much as possible, providing a sustained commitment to local communities and the environment to ensure we have a positive effect. It is about “givingsomething back”.
- ✓ We take care of our natural resources’ trough monitored process constantly. The solid and liquid waste disposal and the water treatment environmental uses biodigesters and filtrationsystems.
- ✓ Our latest achievement in the regular excursions, we have started the using of eco- friendly motors reducing CO2 pollution and lower noise levels. Additional ourcanoes were made by local communities using fiber material.
- ✓ We offer more activities such as hiking, paddling canoe and paddleboard to take care the environment and adds value to your experience in the nature.
- ✓ We encourage to reduce the use of bottles and plastic bags at the lodge with the staff as well as with our visitors and we ask the use of rechargeable batteries with our devices is very important for us.
- ✓ Our compost system allows us to manage the organic waste at the lodge.
We appreciate all the living biodiversity through our activities while we walk in the forest or while exploring rivers and lagoons, which also allows us to learn how to protect it because this is the way we leave our best footprint in nature that is everyone’s commitment.
A responsible tourism is a key point in our corporate philosophy. Local involvement with the communities is an essential part of our tourist operation in the CuyabenoWildlife Reserve, our range of excursions has allowed uswork together with Kichwas, Sionas, and Secoyas community’s.
We constantly provide training to our guides on topicssuch as security and first aid and more technical talkssuch as biology, ornithology, environmental education,among others. Additional we involve to the local staff about environmental education and promote them to keep their traditional customs that their ancestors have taught them throughout generations. Thus, inspiring their interest of personal and professional improvement career.
We know the local participation is a great support to reach our goal and to continue providing more work inthis area through tourism also taking care the nature through a socially responsible activity.
Our long excursions deep in the jungle exploring the lower part of Cuyabeno Reserve and the border with Peru allows us to visit remote communities, becoming theonly way of transportation traveling long distances so wecan take donations to small local schools.
We always care of the quality of food products; we always look for healthier. Some of them are local products, thus we help to the local economy.